Monday, April 14, 2008

About New York

What I like...

Best songs about New York: New York New York by Frank Sinatra is an obvious one, New York by Sex Pistols,New York avec Toi by Téléphone, Manhattan by Ella Fitzgerald
Best Neighborhood: just depends what you like. Upper East Side, Soho, West village, East Village.Shopping in NY is amazing.5th avenue is pretty but shopping can be a little expensive (http://www.wunderbloc.com/)
Sitcoms in New York: Friends and Sex and the City
Best newspaper: obviously the New York Times
Best arts and entertainment: amazing museums (ex:MOMA), big and small theaters and obviously Broadway.There are great small bookstores around the city as well.
Best food: bagels on a Sunday morning. I also went to this amazing Greek restaurant.can't remember the name but it was very good.
Best food stand: the Shake Shack in Madison Square Park.
Famous people living in NY: too many. But I like Rufus Wainwright. Michelle Williams lives in Brooklyn. Sarah Jessica Parker.Bono.Uma Thurman.Tim Robbins and Susan Surandon.Meryl Streep.Leonardo DiCaprio.I think many celebs who live in NY have more culture. I'm not saying there no intelligent actors/singers/writers in LA (look at George) but globally it seems that NY is for the more private, cultured and peaceful people.Maybe it's just an impression.There were amazing artists in the 1980s as well.

2 comments:

Lana said...

Ah! Though we are miles apart, we are close in thought. I was just about to write about New York in film!
Lately all I've been watching are films set/filmed in NYC.
And that Ella Fitzgerald song is the best!
Have you seen An Affair To Remember? It's the best.
And of course in modern day there's Gossip Girl, my new obsession!

Marie said...

oh yeeeahhh Gossip Girl!I forgot.
Yeah I've seen An Affair to Remember.