Sunday, June 29, 2008

random random

Since I'm gonna spent my summer in Montreal I have to find lots of things to do, even though most of my friends will stay here as well.I'm trying to get a work permit so I can get an off-campus job.That's gonna take a while since I also have to get a new passport.I hope it will all be done on time before the end of the summer.Maybe I'll try to work a little bit during the school year but I'm not sure yet because school takes a lot of time.Besides I have to apply to different schools for my masters and I'm on the university student board...yeah...I'll be busy next term.
I wanna read a lot this summer as well.Try to catch up on all the classics and maybe a few entertaining fictions as well.
My List:
Wicked (Finished)
Perfume - Süskind (Reading.Almost finished)
War and Peace - Tolstoy
The Witches of Eastwick - Updike
Jane Eyre - Brontë (always wanted to read that one)
1984 - Orwell
I really want to see Wall-E, the new Pixar/Disney movie.I think he looks so adorable."WAAALLL-EEEEE" I might go next week
I'm going on a 3 day horseride/camping trip...I just wanna see nature.I'm taking a friend.I'm really excited.I think it's a good way to discover Canadian nature....As long as we don't meet any bears along the way, I'm sure we'll have a great time.Other than that I'm not so sure what I wanna see this summer.I usually find summer movies quite annoying.Blockbusters without any real meaning.That's fine, I'm not saying any movie should have a deep meaning but I'm not too interested in seeing Batman and so on.Just not really my cup of tea.
The jazz festival is currently taking place in Montreal and I went to this Leonard Cohen Tribute concert the other night.Free and open air.Lots of people and great atmosphere.Katie Melua did two songs, Sam Cohen (his son), Garou (he is very famous in France.I usually don't like his songs but he did a great interpretation of Everybody knows), etc.MAny concerts are free during the festival so it's a good chance to see live music.
Can't wait for Coldplay and Radiohead :):)
Have to go the Piknik Elekronik now.Electro music, friends, food and alcohol.What more can you ask for?

1 comment:

Lana said...

Ha in Ireland we have Electric Picnic!
The nature thing sounds so fun, can't wait to get to Montreal one day!
XXXXX