Saturday, June 21, 2008

Tales of teens

Ok...I'm back after a long time.With my mother here I've been pretty busy.We went to New York City.It was great as usual.Fantastic weather, shopping and visiting.I hope I can move to New York one day and live in the Village.It's just a great neighborhood.You'd never guess it's in the middle of Manhattan.There are nice little boutiques, cafés, bookshops, restaurants, people playing music on the street.It's the artists' district.Even saw square I think Rufus lives on.Pretty nice I must say.As much as I like the Upper East Side because of the nice buildings and two storey appartments with a view on Central Park, I saw some of the rich kids there who go to private schools or the Lycée Français, I don't want to live in this atmosphere.I mean I saw girls younger than me with their Blackberries and tons of Gucci, Prada and Vitton shopping bags.I mean...it's not their parents' money I guess and they get everything they want (not everyone of them, obviously, but still).I just think it's wrong.I guess their parents are rarelly home and they make up by giving them money.It's Gossip Girl in the real world and if ever have kids I certainly don't want them to live like that.You can send your kids to private school without giving them all the money in the world.You just make it easy for them.
Anyway...Oh yeah, I saw the damn Jonas Brothers...twice.I walked past them while they were giving autographs in front of their hotel (which was just next to ours).It was 7 in the morning and they looked so clean.Clean hipsters?Perfect hair, virginity rings, no drugs or alcohol...it's all very funny, I think.Especially since in Hollywood and the music industry.Never gonna happen I think.Unless they are gonna get married at 21 just because they wanna have sex...Then they'll live a miserable life because they married too young....Yeah, I know it's sounds sarcastic and pessimistic.They do whatever they like and if they believe in it, great for them.I personally don't cause I've seen couples get married young and get divorced rather quickly because they wanted to meet someone else.
Oh I heard about these 17 girls getting pregnant in the US because they made a pact to have babies so they could have baby showers and raise their kids together...how fucking retarded is that???Seriously?I think that's complete madness.They don't realize what they gotten themselves into, obviously.
You've got the two extremes here...abstinence and teen pregnancy
.....Oh what a world!

1 comment:

Lana said...

Jonas Brothers are kinda weird. They're only starting to become popular in Ireland now, I think they were in Paris a few weeks ago...
Check out my blog for my latest celeb spotting!